December 21, 2010

Casma

Almost all desert today with quite a few road signs with cars on wedges going up, and also going down.



Vast portions of the desert area north of Pativilca seemed to be owned by a company that I assumed operates mines...I was slightly wrong...it turned out that they specialize on poultry slaughtering and processing.
About 30 km south of Casma, I was climbing up this gentle hill and thinking that it would be nice to have a little snack



Then a restaurant appeared on the side of the road and stopping there turned out to be an excellent choice: Clemente, the owner, is a remarkably nice guy who has a huge heart for people who are hungry and sweaty and just got off their bikes. Not to mention that my Picante de Lapas was outstanding.



Casma is a nice place, and so is the hotel I am staying at. There is a sign in the bathroom that is green, so I figure it has something to do with water conservation...(Imagine doing that in California...)



No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan