August 18, 2022

San Miguel de Tucuman


Just as I wanted to upload yesterday's video last night, the Internet went down, so am starting with a summary of yesterday's ride followed by today's.

The day before yesterday after dinner in San Jose de Las Salinas, I looked at the weather forecast, in particular the wind forecast, for yesterday, and I was delighted to see that the wind was supposed to cooperate. And it far exceeded my most optimistic expectations. (If I had mounted a pinwheel to my handlebar, it would have spun in reverse most of the day.) As a result, I was able to do in one day what I had planned for two. A little over 240 km to San Pedro de Guasayan, and that sort of distance never felt so easy before. Adding to the experience was the stay at the Hosteria Termal last night. Soaking in hot water was not the worst thing to do after I got off the bike!
As can be seen in the video, there were some Califonia Style stretches of the road, mainly in Catamarca Province, and the road got a bit better after entering Santiago del Estero.



Today the wind was calm, which, after yesterday felt like "no wind is the new headwind," and it was a relaxing ride of just under 140 km. Before I entered the city with its traffic (and a political protest), the were many sugarcane plantations along the way in Tucuman.



No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan