August 15, 2022

Villa del Totoral


What an amazing start of the biking part of my trip.

Yesterday in Cordoba, the temperature was over 30 centigrades and there were strong winds from the north. Today, temperatures were 10 to 20 degrees lower, and the air was coming from the south, ferociously at times, providing nice tailwind for most of the 110 km to Villa del Totoral.

Thanks to advice from Juan Patricio, whom I mentioned yesterday, I had decided to take the route north on E53 past the airport and then E66 east from Ascochinga to Jesus Maria. I very much enjoyed the gradual decline of traffic and the increasingly picturesque scenery on the way. This way, I avoided RN9 with its bicyclist-vicious traffic on the segment from Cordoba to Jesus Maria before taking that very busy highway from Jesus Maria.

In Villa del Totoral, I thought it could be a good idea to use google maps cycling directions to guide me through town to my hotel. As you can see in the last minute or so in the video below, I was directed to what evolved into a hiking trail. Then I switched the option for directions to car travel ... and for a moment it looked like I had to cross a knee-deep stream. Fortunately, there was a (mostly-intact) pedestrian bridge nearby and from there it was only a few more minutes to my hotel.



No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan