August 29, 2019

Lac La Hache

The morning was a little chilly, and then it got warm, and then even warmer. What a difference to one week ago when I happened to barely avoid the massive snowfall that had left the unseasonal amount of 30 cm of snow in the Dease Lake area in northern BC. Timing is important, but so is good luck.

I arrived here well before dark, and (speaking of luck) my arrival happened to occur five minutes before the store at the gas station closed.

Something "interesting" I saw on the way:

Along a winding part of the route between Quesnel and Williams Lake, I noticed a guy who looked like a teenager running against the direction of traffic. First I thought he was jogging, but his outfit, a sweatshirt and jeans, didn't seem to confirm that idea. Then, I noticed there were a bunch of things scattered on the pavement, and the kid was picking them up, and I also saw a pickup truck towing a trailer with a boat stopped on the shoulder with the hazard lights flashing. In addition to the boy I had noticed first, another kid and an older guy, presumably the father, were frantically picking up the things that had apparently fallen off the truck. The things (I'd say there were a dozen or so of them) turned out to be hunting rifles. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera running then.

No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan