August 26, 2019

New Hazelton



It was a great experience staying at the camp in Meziadin Junction.



A little bit similar to the place I stayed at in Delta Junction a week and a half ago, the camp at Meziadin Junction mainly houses contractors working on projects in the area. This was the third time I stayed overnight at a place of this kind; before Delta Junction, a while back, I spent a night in Coldfoot, AK. Based on my limited experience, these things seem to be no-nonsense accommodations where everything (including the WiFi, for example) is working as promised. Plus, this morning I noticed it has a helipad.




Picturesque scene near the Highway 16 junction at the southern terminus of Highway 37:


Most remarkably, it was dry and warm today, allowing me to shed my jacket, and then later arm and leg warmers!







And here is the video of last Wednesday's ride from Teslin to the Highway 37 junction:



And the following day continuing to Dease Lake:



And from Dease Lake to Tatogga, showing a somewhat longer portion from the sdescent to Skitine River:

No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan