August 28, 2019

Prince George


I made it to Prince George well before dark after spending the night in Burns Lake.

The last days included some above-average mileage on this trip, and (especially the day from Hazelton to Burns Lake) climbing and descending, and climbing and descending, and ... But I think the hardest part was getting to Prince George with vivid images in my head of decidedly-non-beyond-meat food items along with various chilled fermented beverages, just to have to ride through kilometers of strip mall lined streets with restaurants whose exhaust vents made my olfactory system send unambiguous messages to my stomach. But after checking in at the hotel I was able to get some food and all is well.

I will post videos later on Wednesday, but for now, here is a question: after about 50 or so kilometers this morning, I noticed that my glasses, my camera, and other parts attached to the front of my bike were covered with white dust ... what might that be? I asked a few locals on the way, and they seemed to never have seen that before, I think I may know the answer ... more later.

No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan