December 15, 2009

Arriaga

Today started off with formidable headwind during the first 12 miles or so heading north from Juchitan. Locals were telling me that it's almost always very windy there. Not surprisingly, there's a huge wind farm in the area near La Ventosa. Later, as I started heading east and then south, the wind turned into crosswind and then tailwind. Felt like flying. Yeah!

On my way, I also saw some pretty fancy trucks for drive thru X-rays of passing vehicles used by the federal police (not the military) at various checkpoints.
I was very curious to see what the images look like etc. and started chatting with a guy who just got off his shift and was stowing all his guns on the back seat of his car. But I didn't want to ask him too many questions.

1 comment:

David said...

Another push-pin (4) on Google Earth.

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan