December 27, 2009

La Virgen

I am writing this from near La Virgen, between Rivas and the Costa Rica border. Very much encouraged by David and Kris, I was originally thinking to spend a few days on Ometepe Island, which is the sister island of Bainbridge Island where David and Kris live. A few days ago I started contemplating the possibility to skip the trip to Ometepe and instead take advantage of having so far covered more miles than planned and go further than San Jose. So it looks like I will be flying back from Panama City. And I will visit Ometepe some other time and bring my hiking boots and backpack instead of my bike and spandex :-)



You will most likely hear from me again later tonight from Costa Rica!

2 comments:

Kris Carroll said...

great photo, beautiful volcanos across the lake

Unknown said...

Nice!

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan