December 17, 2009

Tapachula

About half-way between Huixtla and Tapachula, I was joined by a local cyclist
riding a brand-new high-end bike. Unusual around here, I thought. I almost ran out of steam while we were chatting and I got the impression that he must be in a very respectable shape. When I asked him what he does for a living he pointed to his bike and it all made sense. It turns out that there is quite a bit of interest for professional cycling in Chiapas, including the Vuelta Chiapas, an international bike race.

It was nice to arrive in Tapachula already around noon to have some
time to relax and get information about hotels and roads in Guatemala.

Here is a (very) short (and dramatically incomplete) German
language course video ("Vehicles on Mexican streets"). Two types of vehicles
are featured and there are cameo appearances of several others:


No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan