December 16, 2009

Mapastepec

It has been another wonderful day with numerous refueling stops at interesting places and sightings of interesting wildlife.
I had an early start to get some miles in before the hottest hours of the day. After 20ish miles, I found this cute little breakfast place:



Riding along the Chiapas coast was a pleasure. The landscape between the sea and the mountains is mostly flat and the vegetation lush and green with huge trees often providing shade:




I saw very impressive lizards. Right in front of me, one of them jumped out of the bushes and ran across the road; from what I found on this site, it was a ctenosaurus similis. The guy seemed to be in a hurry, so I didn't have a chance to ask if he has applied for a job in Jurassic Park IV.

No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan