December 30, 2009

Dominical

After a couple of pretty steep hills yesterday, I was prepared for some strenuous climbs today, but then it was all flat and easy coasting to Dominical! Riding on a mostly brand-new highway past oil palm plantations (the smoke in the background is from a processing plant)



Traffic was light and I also heard rumors that it is legal to drive sober in Costa Rica, which I find very reassuring every time a vehicle passes me. Dominical is very pleasant - and has a strong presence of mostly US and also European tourists. I have seen many billboards ads for developments of all kinds, mainly condominium projects and land for sale, so I wonder what the area will look like a few years after the economy picks up worldwide.

No comments:

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan