December 18, 2009

Retalhuleu

Between Tapachula and the Guatemala border I witnessed this example of optimistic physics:


It turned out that there was a separate border crossing for pedestrians and bicycles, and bicycle taxis, which was quite wild.
In Guatemala, there was first some navigating through Tecun Uman, the border town on the Guatemala side, and then 50 miles or so to Retalhuleu. I am amazed to see how populated the area is. While there are no major cities in this area, life is very energetic and one is constantly surrounded by people, literally, even on the road.

3 comments:

Kris Carroll said...

If you find yourself in Panajachel on Lake Atitlan, say hello to Elizabeth at work at (and maybe David and Lisa visiting) Atitlan Multicultural Acadamy on Calle Principal.

William said...

Hey, thanks much, I was thinking of taking that detour - David kindly gave me her contact info and I also greatly enjoyed that area on my first trip to Guatemala. But this time I decided to skip the altitude challenge. I remember even some buses almost not making it up the hills! And it's so nice and warm here near the coast.

Darrick said...

Hey William - loved the Dengue image. Looks like the trip is going well! Merry Christmas.

 

Pan-American Diversions © 2009-2022 William Krivan